Jobs & Observations
We are seeking a multi-talented Communications/Admissions Coordinator.
Are you a "Type-A personality" with a people-person disposition? Can you prioritize and re-prioritize at the drop of a hat? Do you understand that the front office person sets the tone of communication with the entire community? This might be the job for you!
The official capacity of this job is being the central point of all communications in the school and managing most aspects of the admissions process. This includes the usual variety of receptionist duties such as turning away cold calls, answering parent questions, keeping everyone on the same page, double checking all outgoing information for accuracy, etc. The admissions duties include maintaining immaculate application records, continual communication with applicant families, giving tours of the school, and scheduling interviews and other appointments.
- Willingness to jump in over your head and learn as you go.
- Appreciation for Montessori education and willingness to promote the philosophy with the belief that by working in a small school you can change the world.
- Excel/database/mailmerge wizard or indications that you are a chosen one.
- A welcoming, calming, friendly presence as the "face" of the organization.
- Highly adept at crossing Ts and dotting Is, and making sure others do, too (with gentle prodding).
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with dead calm and unparalleled flexibility.
- An "all in" attitude willing to work with students age 3 through 9th grade and clean up after an "accident"- or deal with large barnyard animals; tromp through mud, vacuum, paint, or dust.
- Outlook that sees "other duties as assigned" as the best part of any job description. Ability to keep a confidence with impeccable integrity and take notes in meetings with dead-on accuracy.
- College degree or equivalent life experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand, sit, and sit on the floor for long periods of time, and be fluent in English.
Nice to have: Takes great satisfaction in making things work even when no one sees what you do. Has willingness to drop what you're doing to help others. Is able to edit ramblings for typos, clarity, and brevity. Thinks lazy cats who hang out on your chair when you are gone are great. Is able to screen cold calls in a single bound. Has familiarity with Adobe software, html, social networks, Google drive, and/or whatever other nifty web-based application fad is happening at the moment.
This is a 12-month, 40 hour per week, hourly position with benefits. There is occasional overtime and occasional required work on weekends and evenings. All interested and qualified people are encouraged to apply regardless of age, ethnic background, race, nationality, color, creed, sex, and/or sexual orientation. Individuality welcome!
To apply: Please reply with a fantastic cover letter with salary requirements, well-formatted resume, and a list of three friendly references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First consideration to applications received by Monday, April 29.
We are always looking for great additions to our teacher and assistant substitute list. If you are interested, please send a cover letter outlining your Montessori experience, a resume, two references, and the DEL Employment Application form to email@example.com.
CRMS welcomes Montessori Teachers-in-training to observe our classrooms. We schedule observations on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings anytime starting at 8:45 through 11:30 a.m., depending on what aspect of the program you would like to see. Please contact us to schedule your observation.
At this time CRMS does not have an internship program. We hope to add this as a possibility in the near future. Please contact us if you have an interest.
Cedar River Montessori School does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, or Vietnam Era Veteran status.
This policy applies to all school programs, practices, policies and activities including client services and employment practices.